Hello, how’s it going?
It’s been a rainy day in the 40’s today. Tomorrow the forecast is for spring weather with 60 degree temps. I hope this isn’t an April Fool’s joke.
I went shopping this week and It took me longer to grocery shop because I looked on every label of each product that I bought to check the country of origin. Also, I wanted Romaine lettuce and tomatoes from the US but instead what I found was from Mexico. Not until I went to another store did I find the US vegetables.
I was surprised to discover that some frozen vegetables are produced in Mexico. Even some of the garlic powder on the grocery shelf comes from China.
A label on a Quaker Oats box said, “Distributed by the Quaker Oats Company, Chicago, IL.” Since I didn’t understand exactly what “Distributed” meant, I called the Quaker Oats Company to find out. I was told by one of their representatives that the Quaker Old Fashioned and Quick Oats are from the US but that some of their other products are from Canada. The person I talked to said If their product is from another country it would say so on the box, otherwise it is from the US. I was happy to hear that the Oats are from the US since I don’t want to give them up. I already miss bananas.
I don’t know if all the food and product companies treat the word “Distributed” on their label the same as the Quaker Oats company but I plan to check this out later
I went to a Department store to shop and some products caught my eye because the label displayed the word American as part of the name of the company or product. But when I checked where it was made, it was from another country. More on this next time.
Have a pleasant day.
Later,
Carol Brown
No comments:
Post a Comment